- 3rd generation, long acting cephalosporin
- Highly active against wide range of infections
- Potent bactericidal fluoroquinolone
- Wider spectrum & coverage
- UTI / GITI / URTI / LRTI
- Pyrexia of Unknown Origin
- Surgical Prophylaxis
- Cefixime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
- Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone which inhibits bacterial topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase enzymes required for DNA replication, transcription, repair, transposition and recombination. It has antibacterial activity against a wide range of gm-ve and gm-+ve microorganisms.
source :- http://www.cimsasia.com