- Metformin SR
Potent 2nd generation sulphonylurea, corrects defective insulin secretion and peripheral insulin sensitivity.
Enhances peripheral glucose uptake & utilization. Reduces hepatic glucose production & insulin resistance. Offers cardioprotective effects.
- Provides excellent glycemic control
- Reduces micro & macro vascular complications
- Exerts positive influence on lipid metabolism
- Reduces oxidative stress on LDL, free fatty acids, deposition of cholesterol in blood vessels
- Normalizes weight in overweight patients
- Reduces risk of stroke, blindness, heart & kidney diseases
- Antidiabetic/ Biguanides
- Antidiabetic/ Sulfonylurea
- Metformin is a biguanide w/ antihyperglycaemic effects, lowering both basal and postprandial plasma glucose. It decreases hepatic glucose production by inhibiting gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis; delays intestinal absorption of glucose; and enhances insulin sensitivity by increasing peripheral glucose uptake and utilisation.
- Glimepiride stimulates the insulin release from pancreatic β-cells and reduces glucose output from the liver. It also increases insulin sensitivity at peripheral target sites.
source :- http://www.cimsasia.com