- Useful alternative to parenteral therapy
- Proven superiority over Cefixime, Co-amoxy Clay & Cefactor
- Ofloxacin is broad-spectrum antibiotic, active against both Gm+ve & Gm+ve bacteria
- Excellent efficacy in the treatment of various infections
- Typhoid / UFtTis / Acute Otitis Media
- Urethral & Cervical Gonorrhoea
- Sinusitis / Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis
- Ano-Rectal infections in Women
- Community Acquired Pneumonia
- Skin & Soft Tissue Infections
- Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis
- Uncomplicated UTI
- Cefpodoxime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
- Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone which inhibits bacterial topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase enzymes required for DNA replication, transcription, repair, transposition and recombination. It has antibacterial activity against a wide range of gm-ve and gm-+ve microorganisms.
source :- http://www.cimsasia.com